Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Getting to Know the Blalocks!

I figured this would be the best way to kick off my (re) entry into the blogging world, so here's a little bit about our family.

My name is Staci and my husband's name is Christian. We've been married for almost 5 years and have eight kids, but only two live with us. Are you confused yet? My husband and I have been foster parents for  over three years and while we only have two legal children, we consider every child who has come into our home a child of ours. Besides being foster parents, we both work full time. I work with college students who were/are in foster care and Christian works with 18-26 year old students at our local ISD. I enjoy photography, painting, watching movies, and spending time with my family. Christian enjoys reading, music production, playing piano/drums, and hanging out with the family.

The two children that live with us have been a part of our family for all but the first 9 weeks of their lives and we recently adopted them (more about their story later)! Their names are Taye and Trey, they are 3 years old now and they are amazing little people! They want to be a chef/baker (Trey) and a doctor (Taye), I am convinced they will be smarter than me by the time their 7, and we are so grateful to be their parents.

Our desire is to love God first and pour that love into others. We strive to be people of honor, integrity, love, and truth. We want to see His Kingdom come and His will be done more than anything else. We have wall art hanging in our living room that says "Being part of a family means that you will always love and be loved, no matter what." I think that sums up how we feel about family/our life pretty well. And in our minds, family includes birth/biological families to each of our children as well as the children themselves.

Now you know a little bit about our family and what motivates us. More to come, including the story about how our boys came to be our forever sons!

Christian and Taye (above)


Staci and Trey (below)



No comments:

Post a Comment